EB-5 immigrant investor program (employment-based fifth preference immigrant visa) is one of the paths immigrating to the United States.  Under this program, investors (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for a Green Card (permanent residence) if they: 1) make the required investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States; and 2) plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.



There are different paths to immigrating to the United States; EB-1A (employment-based green card under the first preference as an alien with extraordinary ability) is one of them. No offer of employment or labor certification is required for an EB-1A petition; thus, anyone can file such a petition on behalf of an alien with extraordinary ability, including the alien himself or herself as a self-petitioner.


E-2 Visa

The E-2 treaty investor nonimmigrant US visa permits a citizen of a treaty country, with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation, to come to the United States with substantial capital investment in a U.S. business. A treaty investor’s spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 are eligible for E-2 dependent visas and their nationalities need not be the same as the treaty investor.